[governance] ICANN - Request for Proposals for Independent Evaluator for GNSO Review

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 18:08:12 EST 2005

Veni,

I recall a session with you and Tom Niles at the USCIB
offices in NYC where I put forward one possible
solution on paper to deal with At-Large
considerations.  To refresh your memory, I will
forward the Word document to you.  Now it's your
turn...
what will you propose to restore representative rights
to the At-Large?

--- Veni Markovski <veni at veni.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
note: keep in mind I speak here as Veni, and I do not
represent ICANN,ISOC, or any of the Boards I am into.

Danny,
Thank you for your letter!
You put problems on the table - something, which I've
been doing enoughin my life, to find out that it's
better to put the problem, and proposea solution. Now,
the solution may not be ideal, but it will be
something.
When you put your problems on the table, they are some
of the problemsconfronting ICANN. Do you think that it
will be fair to start solving theproblems that you
have on the table first? What will other people,
whohave other problems for the ICANN say? Why the
community does not comewith a priority list, while not
forgetting that ICANN, among other items,needs to run
a few core businesses, on which the Internet develops?

I'd spend more time on prioritizing, putting the
problems, and suggestingsolutions, than just naming my
own problems. If I am to start with theBulgarian
problems, I'd started with something quite different
fromwhat's your problem in the USA.
Let me randomly browse through your message from my
perspective, ofsomeone coming from a country in
transition: