[governance] Multi-Stakeholder Wiki for IGF?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Dec 16 07:27:46 EST 2005

Il giorno gio, 15-12-2005 alle 13:00 +0300, McTim ha scritto:
> why in Geneva?
>
> Because the ITU is there?  I think that if the UN is going to organsie
> the secratariat, why not do it an another UN HQ.  I suggest Nairobi,
> as that is:

Geneva and New York are simply the two UN seats that minimize total
travel by attendees, also because most governments can send people with
no travel at all. Especially for LDCs, it is much easier and cheaper to
send someone from the local mission than to have someone fly from
Geneva, New York, or their capital to Nairobi or other places. And even
from certain parts of Africa you would possibly have to go through
Europe to get to Nairobi!

This for the practicality - of course if you focus your suggestion on
the principle level, then it's another matter.