[governance] Fwd: [WSIS-CT] WSIS CS statement: almostfinal version4.1

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Wed Dec 14 20:49:50 EST 2005

Parminder,

As some have already pointed out, "economies" have been used mostly in
Asia Pacific region to avoid endless political or ideological debate about
jurisdiction over certain areas, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong etc. It is
used both by governments such as APEC as well as by some Internet
community groups such as APNG, AP CERT etc, as well as ICANN.

Does your objection mean to only use "country"? Then how do you
reconcile this problem?

In these precedences, it is not meant to put ascendancy of the 'economic'
over the
social, cultural and political and well recognized as such. I have not heard
that kind of interpretation that much.

So I beg you to accept "economies" as well. I guess it is not such "big
deal" for us ;-)

izumi