[governance] Civil Society Statement 2005 - DRAFT Version 4.1 -tracked

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:32:39 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Ralf Bendrath <bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Parminder wrote:
> > I was referring to those from 4.1, to be removed.
> >
> > Equally it is essential that as this awareness develops in newer users
> > of the Internet, older users must be open to the new perspectives that
> > will emerge.
> What is wrong with this? I don't get it.
>
> > Development of awareness needs to be multi-directional to be human
> > centred and aimed at global peace.
> Ok, this sounds a bit odd. I think it means something already covered in
> the education section, where Divina and Bill McIver gave some good input
> with regards to the social context of ICT and the means-and-ends issue.
> We can cut that one.

I found that one to be out of context as well.  Since Jeannette
described the 2 paras as a block that were objected too, I folowed
suit.  The last para is the one that is really over the top IMO, but
the first seems self-evident and can also be stricken.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim