[governance] Finalizing the IG Section of the CS Statement on Tunis

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Sat Dec 3 13:55:05 EST 2005

As I've said before, I disagree with Governments equalling country re
sovereignty over ccTLDs - I believe that it's the country's ccTLD,
which is held in Trust by the government or whoever/whatever holds
that trust on behalf of the country and the people of the country, but
the two are not necessarily equal, to me. So, I agree partially, but I
would prefer:

the recognition of the  sovereignty of COUNTRIES (delete governments)
over their ccTD space is embedded into a framework of general
principles which includes all human rights,non-discrimination, equal
access etc.

And the rest  - international treaties or whatever language others
prefer - I'm cool with. I agree that the HR stuff should be included.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com
T&T Music and videos online