[governance] Second Draft of Statementon USCommerceDepartment/GAC chairintervention

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:55:34 EDT 2005

>>> "Ian Peter" <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> 08/22/05 5:34 PM >>>
>Milton, you should just go for it. I have reservations personally
about
>responding in this way at this time, but that should not stop those
who feel
>strongly to react now.

Thanks, Ian. I definitely understand that we don't necessarily need to
have a common position. And despite my argumentation, I understand full
well your reservations about the "example which raises more red herrings
than an Atlantic fishing fleet." :-) If I understand the metaphor, I
think those red herrings (and various other kinds of flak) are holding a
lot of people back.

It's frustrating, but upon calm reflection, understandable especially
for non-US people.