[governance] Starting the planning for Prepcom 3

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Aug 22 13:15:05 EDT 2005

Vittorio, Ok, but the point is precisely the practical disadvantages, as
we want to reach as many people as we can... Perhaps the requirements to
receive the stream properly in any operating system should be circulated
in advance?

--c.a.

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>Il giorno dom, 21-08-2005 alle 16:58 +0200, Ralf Bendrath ha scritto:
>

>>We at worldsummit2005.org will report every day and upload all important
>>CS documents that are not available elsewhere. We will also try to link to
>>all the blogs.
>>I guess Rik will again provide meeting notes etc. on the CS section of
>>wsis-online.net.
>>

>I don't know whether ITU is going to do webcasts and of what, but it
>would be good to have webcasts as well. If you want, I can contact the
>people who did the webcast of the WGIG meetings using only free software
>solutions. This has some practical disadvantages (clients are not so
>nice, the system is still under development, etc) but I think it's
>certainly better (in terms of political correctness) than using the
>average Real stuff.
>
>I don't think they could afford coming for two weeks to Geneva to do the
>webcasts themselves, but I think that they would be more than happy to
>help some volunteer to install the recording software, make it work, and
>perhaps also provide (part of) the servers and bandwidth.
>
>But the question is, is there anyone in CS (or maybe a team) who has a
>suitable laptop/webcam couple, will attend the entire PrepCom, and would
>spend his/her time doing the webcast?

Carlos Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272, 6º andar - Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ - Brasil         CEP 22270-060
tel +55-21-2527-5494        fax +55-21-2527-5460
ca at rits.org.br            http://www.rits.org.br