[governance] CS STATEMENT V4: Penultimate version

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon Aug 15 08:05:20 EDT 2005

hi all

I want to work on this in chunks, so posting notes on final texts we can
mark off as done.

final:

Editorial:
- Question: Isn't Marcus also an Ambassador?
- It needs a spell check
- the Forum is not alwasy capitalized
- Capitalization ofInternet is not consistent

all paras with substantive changes, or where alternative options are
presented are marked in yellow - the doc has been renumbered so the paras
may have changes.

main paras to note (but please read the whole doc)

2: Is markus kummar an ambassador ? :)

10: removed 'take input from global forum' (i think that was the para, lost
the change now)

11/12: Human rights - REVISED TEXT - from HR caucus members

14. internet stability etc.. - REVISED TEXT - from privsec caucus members

19-21: universal access - there were further comments offlist re needing
recommendations on this but we haven't time - suggest we prioritise this
for prepcom

22: interconnection costs - ditto 19-21

26: FOSS - NEW OPTIONAL TEXT - please read

27: academia and technical community - optional text - please read

29-30: individual users and e2e - editing - no new text but rearranged slightly

31-34: sovereignty, national/international cs participation etc.. NEW
optional text - please read

36-42: forum function, have tried to take on baord comments - please read

** not sure we have consensus on provision of so much detail **

43-48: oversight function - NEW OPTIONAL para 47 on DNS

49-50: capacity building - edited text

52-65: very long section on root zone, NTIA, EU etc

have toned down applauding and edited - please check

e2e - am not sure the text is consistent - please check

59 - ICANN para - no change - are we in agreement that it stays?

they are the main changes

so, attached is word version, OOo coming in next message

we can take final, final comments until 3pm

karen