[governance] CS Statement: FOSS

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Aug 14 17:36:59 EDT 2005

FOSS and  issues, processes and costs related to procurement
contracts - are related to financing, as such - Would a statement on
FOSS not be more appropriate in the financing text(s) being
negotiated @ wsis, vs internet governance  ?

Asking for "favoured" legal status of one type of IP model (foss) vs.
another - is important. Achievable - hard to say.

if we want text, then what would be needed is a  concise, short text
that  could be endorsed by several foss friendly countries. Do we
have such text ready? if not, can do we want to re-introduce the FOSS
related language that was suggested at Prepcom 3 of phase 1 ?

regards

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>