[governance] Comments related to the WGIG report

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Aug 12 18:38:36 EDT 2005

Oops let me clarify following Avri and Milton's comments -

I'm only suggesting as regards cctlds, and that probably needs to clarified
further anyway to some special circumstances. Governments want to be in the
loop here particularly as regards cctlds - it's seen as a sovereignty issue
- and if you don't find a simple way to involve them they will find a
complex way to involve themselves.

Ian Peter

>>> "Ian Peter" <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> 08/12/05 6:11 PM >>>
In a minimalist model a GAC right of veto on root zone file changes
replace USG divine rights here) satisfies all needs? Wolfgang's
clarifications are important.