No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

steering committee of BestBits:

   - Nighat Dad
   - Poncelet Ileleji
   - Renata Ribeiro
   - Dave Burstein
   - Imran Ahmed Shah [second term of election]
   - Antonella Perini [co-opted by committee]

Besbits CSCG Representatives

   - Claudio Lucena Neto (2018-2019)
   - Sheetal Kumar (2017-2018)

Does this list still stand? Do  the steering committee members of BestBits
and the reps on CSCG would like to weigh in?

I know Sheetal was on the call. Would be good to hear from others.

Farzaneh

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 9:00 AM Ars=C3=A8ne Tungali <governance at lists.riseu=
p.net>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> You have probably seen this already on a different thread but thought
> it well to have this discussion solely on the IGC list (as I expect
> Best Bits to do the same), that's why i started this thread hoping to
> hear from you on this important question.
>
> This need for merging was raised by some IGC members during a civil
> society call that had mostly IGC and Best Bits participants; many of
> whom are both IGC and Best Bits (BB) members. The call happened last
> week and Farzaneh offered to share the link to the recording.
>
> I will not go into much details about the rationale but would welcome
> anyone to weigh in and share their reasoning on whether or not we
> should merge both lists. We will need to also answer the question on
> how (who is doing what?) will this happen? Is the IGC going to become
> BB or the latter becoming IGC? Or are we working towards a different
> group where members of both groups will all be added?
>
> This brings back to my memory the whole hassle we had to migrate
> (SAVE?) this list and allow us to have this discussion list (which
> hasn't been quite active for a few months but where many feel safe to
> share IG related updates). So i hope we discuss and take into account
> the technical cost of the merging process (should it happen).
>
> I am also not sure how we will gauge consensus about this question on
> this list? Should we vote? How long do we take to decide? Should we
> consult IGC 'founders' or former Co-coordinators separately and ask
> them what they think?
>
> During the call, Bruna and I offered to have a decision by mid-January
> and we hope this is realistic given the holiday season. We will then
> report to the group.
>
> I just wanted to throw this all here and would REALLY appreciate a
> discussion that will help us move forward and come to a conclusion.
>
> Best regards,
> Arsene
> ---
> To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>

--000000000000eda19d057d3e8a09

t-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">Thanks Arsene.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D=
"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">We need to de=
cide on merging IGC and BestBits. The suggestion comes from the fact that w=
e have not been active much during the past year. Also fragmented efforts a=
re a strain on resources. Having multiple elections and multiple groups to =
coordinate (with really minimal differences) and then not be active at all =
for a year is not really recommendable.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defau=
lt" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">De told us that apparently the=
re is some kind of consensus method if I am not mistaken. De, is there a do=
cumented approach?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:v=
erdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-fam=
ily:verdana,sans-serif">I think the most important is to discuss why BestBi=
ts was created and whether the reasons still stand and how BestBits members=
 feel about the merge. Maybe the ones with strong objections can be convinc=
ed, maybe not. Lets have the conversation. If we do not see a strong object=
ion (multiple organizations,=C2=A0individuals object and give reasons as to=
 why BestBits should remain even if dormant), then we can decide on the mer=
ge. If there are strong objections, then we will not go with the merge.</di=
v><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br=
">From what I see from BestBits website, the following individuals are at t=
he steering committee of BestBits:=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defa=
ult" style=3D""><ul style=3D"font-family:Arial;outline:0px;color:rgb(87,87,=
87);font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245)"><li style=3D"outline:=
e=3D"outline:0px">Renata Ribeiro</li><li style=3D"outline:0px">Dave Burstei=
n</li><li style=3D"outline:0px">Imran Ahmed Shah [second term of election]<=
/li><li style=3D"outline:0px">Antonella Perini [co-opted by committee]</li>=
</ul><p style=3D"font-family:Arial;outline:0px;margin:20px 0px;color:rgb(87=
,87,87);font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245)">Besbits CSCG Repr=
esentatives</p><ul style=3D"font-family:Arial;outline:0px;color:rgb(87,87,8=
7);font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245)"><li style=3D"outline:0=
px">Claudio Lucena Neto (2018-2019)</li><li style=3D"outline:0px">Sheetal K=
is list still stand? Do=C2=A0 the steering committee members of BestBits an=
/div><div style=3D"">I know Sheetal was on the call. Would be good to hear =
_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"=
gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div=
Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 9:00 AM Ars=C3=A8ne Tungali <<a href=3D"mailto:gove=
rnance at lists.riseup.net">governance at lists.riseup.net</a>> wrote:<br></di=
v><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;borde=
r-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hi everyone,<br>
You have probably seen this already on a different thread but thought<br>
it well to have this discussion solely on the IGC list (as I expect<br>
Best Bits to do the same), that's why i started this thread hoping to<b=
r>
hear from you on this important question.<br>
This need for merging was raised by some IGC members during a civil<br>
society call that had mostly IGC and Best Bits participants; many of<br>
whom are both IGC and Best Bits (BB) members. The call happened last<br>
week and Farzaneh offered to share the link to the recording.<br>
I will not go into much details about the rationale but would welcome<br>
anyone to weigh in and share their reasoning on whether or not we<br>
should merge both lists. We will need to also answer the question on<br>
how (who is doing what?) will this happen? Is the IGC going to become<br>
BB or the latter becoming IGC? Or are we working towards a different<br>
group where members of both groups will all be added?<br>
This brings back to my memory the whole hassle we had to migrate<br>
(SAVE?) this list and allow us to have this discussion list (which<br>
hasn't been quite active for a few months but where many feel safe to<b=
r>
share IG related updates). So i hope we discuss and take into account<br>
the technical cost of the merging process (should it happen).<br>
I am also not sure how we will gauge consensus about this question on<br>
this list? Should we vote? How long do we take to decide? Should we<br>
consult IGC 'founders' or former Co-coordinators separately and ask=
them what they think?<br>
During the call, Bruna and I offered to have a decision by mid-January<br>
and we hope this is realistic given the holiday season. We will then<br>
report to the group.<br>
I just wanted to throw this all here and would REALLY appreciate a<br>
discussion that will help us move forward and come to a conclusion.<br>
Best regards,<br>
Arsene<br>
---<br>
To unsubscribe: <mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.n=