No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

tting know other stakeholders, including perhaps at specific meetings atten=
ded for this purpose, the nature of IGF, its deliberations, etc and encoura=
ging wider participation from new groups...

I do not understand from IGF outreach, from what I understand about the IGF=
, for MAG chair to go to policy or related forums, representing IGF, and sp=
eaking on substantive policy issues, which one cannot do without giving spe=
cific views. However, if this is your view of IGF outreach as a MAG member,=
 I will like to discuss, and contest, it.=20

As you would notice from the email from MAG chair, she mentions about speak=
ing, by all indications as IGF MAG chair, and representing the IGF, at subs=
tantive sessions, and indeed chairing co-chairing an WEF initiative.... Fur=
ther, i see mention of "two collaboration between the WEG and IGF's major p=
olicy initiatives ".... I had no idea any such collaboration existed. Can M=
AG members confirm it....

Also, pl confirm if these are considered IGF outreach activities, and legit=
imate roles for the IGF and some people representing them. I request a clea=
r response.

And who funds participation and other aspects of these activities, the IGF,=
 ( i know that is very unlikely) , private funds of the involved people, or=
 the WEF BECAUSE it is the IGF, and co-branding helps? Again, please provid=
e this specific information.

Lastly, has the IGF and its MAG ever considered doing outreach to, say, the=
 World Social Forum, the WEF equivalent civil society space, or these outre=
aches are only for the big business venues....=20

Thanks, parminder=20