No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

ietf-announce-bounces at ietf.org Mon Apr  4 15:20:13 2016
To: bestbits at lists.bestbits.net
 <60C2520E-9AC9-4AA2-B9D0-B4D7F45C3E3D at gmail.com>
 <CAJdpWNBqB2a8M+sb=n2Nh9071OGqyMVjitg_dkY=S8HxJfbLpA at mail.gmail.com>
 <56F18459.3080806 at apcwomen.org>
 <CAPqXojJ9y6=A5k_yXD=DY+2s=juKV38VngzZ990_zdHCFN91yA at mail.gmail.com>
 <56F1B13D.8080909 at softwarefreedom.org>
 <65482.10.254.253.3.1458828540.squirrel at sqmail.gn.apc.org>
 <CAHjKvLA32umn-KXyiBgqT-HMVEWFk0iYLHhpv4YmFGKsj5AFaw at mail.gmail.com>
 <09A272A9-E225-4CBF-BFF7-470F8C641A95 at researchictafrica.net>
 <CAJdpWNDNttfET9fC4sDxA-U0Ha069W9Y-w8fR_YFPh5PLs+Z9A at mail.gmail.com>
 <5702BE14.90308 at apcwomen.org>
From: Niels ten Oever <lists at digitaldissidents.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 21:32:53 +0200
Subject: Re: [bestbits] [GenderDC] CIS' Statement on Sexual Harassment at
 ICANN55

--JLkO6VqVPDWD1LTHhivmp4CuGFBe2ftjc

--------------050009080103030400060109

Hi Jac,

I think it might also be good to point out some good practices that do
exist so we can move forward on this crucial issue:

IETF:
	RFC http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7776
	Policy https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/ietf-anti-harassment-policy.html
	Team page and contact information https://www.ietf.org/ombudsteam

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy

Cheers,

Niels

PS More on the IETF attached from the IETF chair

On 04/04/2016 09:18 PM, Jac sm Kee wrote:
> [...]
>>>     >>     >>     board members. While we are thankful for their
>>>     support, we
>>>     >> believe
>>>     >>     >>     that this situation can be better dealt with through
>>>     some
>>>     >> positive
>>>     >>     >>     measures. We ask that ICANN carry out the following
>>>     steps in
>>>     >> order
>>>     >>     >>     to make its meetings a truly safe and inclusive space:
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>     1.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>         Institute a formal redressal system and policy wi=
th
>>>     >> regard to
>>>     >>     >>         sexual harassment within ICANN. The policy must be
>>>     >> displayed
>>>     >>     >>         on the ICANN website, at the venue of meetings
>>>     and made
>>>     >>     >>         available in delegate kits.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>     2.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>         Institute an Anti Sexual Harassment Committee
>>>     that is
>>>     >> neutral
>>>     >>     >>         and approachable. Merely having an ombudsman who
>>>     is a
>>>     >> white
>>>     >>     >>         male, however well intentioned, is inadequate and
>>>     >> completely
>>>     >>     >>         unhelpful to the complainant. The present
>>>     situation is
>>>     >> one
>>>     >>     >>         where the ombudsman has no effective power and on=
ly
>>>     >> advises
>>>     >>     >>         the board.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>     3.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>         Conduct periodic gender and sexual harassment
>>>     training of
>>>     >> the
>>>     >>     >>         ICANN board to help them better understand these
>>>     issues.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>     4.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>         Conduct periodic gender and sexual harassment
>>>     training
>>>     >> for the
>>>     >>     >>         ombudsman even if he/she will not be the
>>>     exclusive point
>>>     >> of
>>>     >>     >>         contact for complainants as the ombudsman forms an
>>>     >> important
>>>     >>     >>         part of community and participant engagement.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>     5.
>>>     >>     >>
>>>     >>     >>         Conduct periodic gender sensitisation for the ICA=
NN
> [...]
>>>     >>          governance at lists.igcaucus.org
>>>     <mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
>>>     >>     <mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org
>>>     <mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org>>
>>>     >>     To be removed from the list, visit:
>>>     >>
>>>     >>     For all other list information and functions, see:
>>>     >>          http://lists.igcaucus.org/info/governance
>>>     >>     To edit your profile and to find the IGC's charter, see:
>>>     >>          http://www.igcaucus.org/
>>>     >>
>>>     >>     Translate this email: http://translate.google.com/translate_t
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >> --
>>>     >>
>>>     >> Lorena Jaume-Palas=C3=AD =E2=88=99 Coordinator, Global Internet =
Governance
> [...]
>>>     >> <http://www.collaboratory.de <http://www.collaboratory.de/>> =E2=
=88=99
>>>     Newsletter
>>>     >>
>>>     <http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=3Dcollaboratory&l=
oc=3Dde_DE>
>>>     >> =E2=88=99 Facebook
>>>     >> <http://goo.gl/eJVZn> =E2=88=99 Twitter <http://goo.gl/sUFM5> =
=E2=88=99Youtube
>>>     >> <http://www.youtube.com/user/CollaboratoryVideo?feature=3DCCAQwR=
s%3D>
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >> ____________________________________________________________
>>>     >> You received this message as a subscriber on the list:
>>>     >>      bestbits at lists.bestbits.net
>>>     <mailto:bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>.
>>>     >> To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit:
>>>     >>      http://lists.bestbits.net/wws/info/bestbits
>>>     >>
>>>     >
>>>     > --
>>>     > Warm Regards
>>>     > Mishi Choudhary, Esq.
>>>     > Legal Director
>>>     > Software Freedom Law Center
>>>     > 1995 Broadway Floor 17| New York, NY-10023
>>>     > Direct: +1-212-461-1912 <tel:%2B1-212-461-1912>| Main:
>>>     +1-212-461-1901 <tel:%2B1-212-461-1901>| Fax: +1-212-580-0898
>>>     <tel:%2B1-212-580-0898>
>>>     > www.softwarefreedom.org <http://www.softwarefreedom.org/>
>>>     > Assistant: Rose Regina Lawrence | roseregina at softwarefreedom.org
>>>     <mailto:roseregina at softwarefreedom.org>
>>>     >
>>>     >
>>>     > Executive Director
>>>     > SFLC.IN <http://sflc.in/>
>>>     > K-9, Second Floor, Jangpura Extn.| New Delhi-110014
>>>     > Main: +91-11-43587126 <tel:%2B91-11-43587126> | Fax:
>>>     +91-11-24323530 <tel:%2B91-11-24323530>
>>>     > www.sflc.in <http://www.sflc.in/>
>>>     > Assistant: Mamta Varma | mamta at softwarefreedom.in
>>>     <mailto:mamta at softwarefreedom.in>
>>>     >
>>>     > _______________________________________________
>>>     > Genderigf mailing list
>>>     > Genderigf at lists.apcwomen.org <mailto:Genderigf at lists.apcwomen.org>
>>>     >

>>>     Erika Smith
>>>     Association for Progressive Communications
>>>     Women's Rights Programme
>>>
>>>     Take Back the Tech! Reclaim ICTs to end violence against women:
>>>     https://www.takebackthetech.net <https://www.takebackthetech.net/>
>>>     Map tech-related violence https://www.apc.org/ushahidi
>>>     Gender and ICT Policy Portal: https://genderit.org
>>>     <https://genderit.org/>
>>>     Connect your Rights! Internet Rights are Human Rights:
>>>     http://www.apc.org/en/node/11424
>>>     Gender Evaluation Methodology for ICTS:
>>>     https://genderevaluation.net <https://genderevaluation.net/>
>>>     GreeningIT - ICTS, Climate Change & Environmental Sustainability:

--=20
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

--------------050009080103030400060109
 filename="Attached Message"