[bestbits] Two positions open at APC - global policy advocacy project coordinator & grant writer

Deborah Brown deborah at apc.org
Mon Mar 25 15:01:44 EDT 2019

Dear all,

APC is looking to hire a global policy advocacy project coordinator and
a grant writer (more details below). Please help us the word.

_*Global policy advocacy project coordinato**r*_

The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) has an exciting
opening for someone with experience and knowledge around digital rights
and internet policy to join our team working on global policy advocacy.

*Who we are looking for: *You have experience working with international
non-profit organisations and you want to join an international team
working for social justice, human rights and development with a feminist
perspective. You are also committed to APC’s mission, vision, values,
principles and approaches.

*Main purpose of the position:* To ensure that APC’s global policy
advocacy work involves APC members and partners and is well coordinated,
consistent, clearly communicated and responsive to the most pressing
challenges to digital rights and internet governance. The ideal
candidate can shift seamlessly between providing project support and
policy expertise, can quickly and clearly communicate complex issues,
and has the ability to both generate/mediate policy discussions and turn
them into concrete positions. The position will report to APC’s global
policy advocacy lead.

*Deadline for applications: 6 April 2019**
****
*

*****The full job call here: https://www.apc.org/en/node/35396/
*

*_Grant writer_*

The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) is looking for an
experienced grant writer to join our team. The selected candidate will
be responsible for fundraising and resource mobilisation strategies.

Who we are looking for: You have experience working with international
non-profit organisations and you want to join an international team
working for social justice, human rights and development with a feminist
perspective. You are also committed to APC’s mission, vision, values,
principles and approaches. You are an excellent writer with experience
in desk-based research, grant writing and proposal development. You pay
attention to detail and can work with tight deadlines and remain calm
under pressure. You enjoy working with and developing online tools,
platforms and systems, are comfortable working remotely, are well
organised and can work unsupervised.

Deadline for applications: *29 March 2019 *at 23:59 UTC

*The full call here: https://www.apc.org/en/node/35381/
*

All the best,
Deborah