[bestbits] [governance] IMPORTANT : Merging IGC with Best Bits

ian.peter at ianpeter.com ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Jan 9 01:16:45 EST 2019

Actually while this seemed to me the obvious way forward at first - BB
emerged out of IGC, so why not get back together again - on reflection
there are a few issues.

Firstly I note that the IGC website is down so I cant check things - but
from memory IGC had a constitution which we adopted early on which
proved very difficult to change, and which may not be altogether
suitable for what is needed now. I think this should be looked at before
everyone is locked into something that is unsuitable. Can someone get
the website up and running?

But in any case, merging I think is necessary. At the very worst, if IGC
proves to be a not completely suitable platform going forward, there is
always the option to start something else to overcome the problems and
get everyone to move on.

The key I think is to work together and to seek the simplest paths
forward to do this.

Ian