[bestbits] Launch of Travel Guide #5 to the Digital World: Data protection for human rights defenders

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Thu Sep 20 05:16:10 EDT 2018

Dear all,

In case of interest, please find links to the accompanying series to
the "Travel
Guide to Data Protection
<https://www.gp-digital.org/publication/travel-guide-to-data-protection/>"
below:

The series, "Data Protection on the Ground", analyses data protection
legislation from three countries - India, Brazil, and Kenya - according to
the framework set out in chapter 4 of the guide, in order to assess whether
each country has a human rights respecting regime.

Data Protection on the Ground (#1): Kenya’s draft bill
<https://www.gp-digital.org/data-protection-on-the-ground-1-kenyas-draft-bill/>
Data Protection on the Ground (#2): India’s draft bill
<https://www.gp-digital.org/data-protection-on-the-ground-2-indias-draft-bill/>
Data Protection on the Ground (#3): Brazil’s law
<https://www.gp-digital.org/data-protection-on-the-ground-3-brazils-data-protection-law/>

We hope this is useful and please do feel free to share with anyone who may
be interested.

Best
Sheetal.

--

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F
E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|