[bestbits] IGF Paris/Paris Peace Forum Hackathon funding opportunities until 19Oct

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 07:59:17 EDT 2018

Hi everyone

Got this message via the @openheroines channel and would be great if
you could spread the word.

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Hi @channel,

I’m involved in co-organizing the Paris Peace Forum hackathon in
November, which [edited] forces me to think on how to hack this event
positively and bring in nice and talented people to work on impactful
project and give those projects visibility.

So this is a global event and the main topic is financial
transparency, something pretty large and being divided in four tracks:

- Financial transparency for international organizations (aid &
development initiatives and beyond)
- Budget transparency of major international events involving public
money (Olympics)
- Transparency of public procurement procedures (OCDS)
- Communication of financial data to the public (making budget data
accessible, user friendly and empowering.)

We’re looking for international organizations able to lead one
challenge related to one of those above tracks. This organization and
its people will be invited in Paris for 3 days as well as teams
willing to work as participants. Travel funding is available for one
or more representatives. OCP is already on board.

I’m trying to take this as an opportunity for people to meet and work
together, and spend some time in Paris:)

If any of you would be interested in leading a challenge or
participate, please let me know!
Subscriptions to the hackathon for teams and participants are open
until October, 19th.
https://parispeaceforum.org/hackathon/

Many many thanks! (edited)