[bestbits] [governance] Fwd: Civil Society in Internet Governance : Road to WSIS+20

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:05:22 EST 2018

Hi Carolina

Thanks for the availability of the space at Rightscon.
However, as we know, most of civil society from LAC and AP won't be
able to self-fund for Tunisia so again a degree of exclusion is
expected.
(Yes, I know Rightscon has travel support but a limited amount).

Some of the group that met during IGF was to contact you to help
organize that meeting. Would be great to hear periodically about how
is that going and try and maximize inclusion (live tweeting volunteers
maybe)

As for the call, BB SC colleagues can weigh in. As outgoing, I hope
the successors or candidates to succcession come forward for it.

I've always found that it is easier when everybody realizes there are
no reins to take but a lot of work to do and not enough people to do
it. So a contribution counts much more than a complaint.

Best,

Renata