[bestbits] OFF-TOPIC - Brazil: Return to Terror

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:52:18 EST 2018

 That saying does not apply here. The author says:
<<But why should people  here protest, they aren't from Iran . But you all
that famous saying, 'First they came for the......>>

1. I didn't want to step into the trap of announcing that I am Iranian (it
is known to many)  hence I care about the issue. Because the logic of if
you are not from somewhere you don't care about their issues is just flawed
and purely nationalistic. Yes I might know the situation better but that
does not mean every Iranian equally cares about it.

2. We as a community at NCSG and ICANN did not sit and watch for sanctions
to be applied to DNS. We brought the issue to the table and fought for it
to be resolved. It was not liked by some because it did not fit their
ideology and it was not revolutionary. And Iran was not the only affected
country.

Farzaneh