[bestbits] OFF-TOPIC - Brazil: Return to Terror

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:59:07 EST 2018

Swift was sanctioned in Iran during Obama time.

Beloved UN imposed some of the most severe sanctions on Iran.

It was the civil society/noncommercials that brought the voice of people
and issue of sanctions to ICANN and made concrete recommendations. Until
then, no one even knew what was going on. Even the governments of
sanctioned countries were not aware of sanctions. (issue of sanctions were
brought forward through a process some were so keen on bashing because it
did not help them with their idealistic notions of Internet governance,
caring about people was not at stake at that time).

And then:

<<But why should people  here protest, they aren't from Iran>>

The sentence above is a very simplistic way of provocation. So I  choose to
ignore it.

Farzaneh