[bestbits] OHCHR Side Event - The Future of Content Regulation and Freedom of Expression in the Digital Environment

Richard Wingfield richard at gp-digital.org
Mon Mar 5 12:48:08 EST 2018

Dear all,

Global Partners Digital and the Permanent Missions to the United Nations of
Australia and Costa Rica would like to invite any interested bestbits
members to a side-event at the current Human Rights Council in Geneva
looking at the issue of content regulation and freedom of expression in the
digital age.

In this inclusive, multistakeholder roundtable, taking place from *10.00am
to 11.30am* on *Wednesday 14 March*, voices from business, civil society,
academia and government will examine some of the critical questions raised
by the regulation of online content. How do we define it - and what is its
scope? What impacts is it having on freedom of expression? And what is the
way forward?

Confirmed speakers include:

   - Andrew Puddephatt, Internet Watch Foundation
   - Richard Wingfield, Global Partners Digital
   - Deborah Brown, Association of Progressive Communications
   - Dr Lachlan Strahan, Australian Permanent Mission to the United Nations
   - Andrew Smith, Article 19

All the information on the event can be found on our website, here
<https://www.gp-digital.org/event/the-future-of-content-regulation-and-freedom-of-expression-in-the-digital-environment/>,
and I attach a short advertisement for the event itself as well. The
roundtable will be held at *Room XXIV, Palais des Nations, Geneva*.

We warmly welcome anyone interested in freedom of expression in the digital
age, and those engaged on issues of content regulation and intermediary
liability. Please do also share this invitation with any colleagues or
other networks who might be interested.

If you have any questions about the event at all, please do not hesitate to
get in touch.

Yours,

Richard

*Richard Wingfield*
Legal Officer | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | Skype: richard at gp-digital.org
gp-digital.org