[bestbits] Welcome Veridiana Alimonti, Latin American Senior Policy Analyst at EFF

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:40:26 EDT 2018

Thanks, Kati, that's really great news! EFF could not have made a better
choice. What a powerful LatAm team.
Congratulations, Veri!
Marilia

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:29 PM, Carlos Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

> Wonderful news!
>
> Veri, meus parabéns e o desejo de muito sucesso! Tremendo reforço para a
> EFF no campo da luta por direitos.
>
> bj
>
> --c.a.
>
> On 07/06/2018 16:12, Katitza Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > EFF is pleased to announce that Veridiana (Veri) Alimonti (
> veridiana.alimonti at eff.org) started last Monday as our new Latin American
> Senior Policy Analyst at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Veri will be
> working remotely from São Paulo, Brazil to strengthen our digital rights
> work and relationships with Latin American and the Caribbean NGOs. Veri is
> a lawyer, and holds a Master’s degree in Economic Law from the University
> of São Paulo Law School, where she is also a PhD candidate in Human Rights.
> >
> > Veri has been working on telecommunications, media, Internet and human
> rights since 2009. From 2010-2013, Veri was a civil society representative
> of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.br) (a multi-stakeholder
> organization with members from the government, the corporate sector, civil
> society, and the academic community), and has worked on digital rights
> issues at IDEC and Intervozes--two Brazilian civil society organizations.
> Through the years, no matter victory or defeat, a good samba was always
> there to help her out. She totally recommends it.
> >
> > Veri will work with Katitza Rodriguez, the EFF International Rights
> Director, and EFF’s team of lawyers, technologists and activists, to assist
> in our policy analysis and advocacy work on freedom of expression and
> privacy issues in the digital age in Latin America and the Caribbean.
> >
> > Katitza and Veri will be working with the team to develop a strategic
> plan for Latin America, which we hope to complete in the next few months.
> In the interim, Katitza will remain the main point of contact for EFF’s
> LatAm work.
> >
> > Here’s where you can find Veri:
> > veridiana.alimonti at eff.org
> > On Signal: +5511993641591
> > On Twitter: @veri_alimonti
> >

> > Katitza Rodriguez
> > International Rights Director
> > Electronic Frontier Foundation
> >
> > katitza at eff.org

> Carlos A. Afonso
> [emails são pessoais exceto quando explicitamente indicado em contrário]
> [emails are personal unless explicitly indicated otherwise]
>
> Instituto Nupef - https://nupef.org.br
> ISOC-BR - https://isoc.org.br

*Marília Maciel*
Digital Policy Senior Researcher, DiploFoundation

WMO Building *|* 7bis, Avenue de la Paix *| *1211 Geneva - Switzerland
*Tel *+41 (0) 22 9073632 *| *
*Email*: *MariliaM at diplomacy.edu <mariliam at diplomacy.edu>* *|** Twitter: *
*@MariliaM*