[bestbits] Digital asks to G20 - Joint Letter for Sign-on

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jun 6 01:35:28 EDT 2018

(cc-ing some other IG civil society groups)

Thanks for this effort...

The letter makes some good points, but we are extremely disappointed to
note that in terms of a socio-economic rights agenda, it stops at the
market-ideological element of "increased competition". It does not go
beyond to seek social and economic justice for all. And if sees 'people'
just as consumers and no more.... Can we put in a point asserting the
need for social and economic justice in the digital age? If required, we
can provide an appropriate text.

regards, parminder