[bestbits] IYouWePeacePledge campaign

Haroon Baloch haroon at bytesforall.pk
Wed Jul 18 03:29:21 EDT 2018

Dear All,

*

*IYouWe Peace Pledge campaign *

*Islamabad, (July 18, 2018):*Historically, elections in Pakistan are
marred with violence and violations of elections code of conduct.
Forthcoming general elections are no different. We are seeing a steep
rise in the elections violence, violations of code of conduct and issues
of shrinking civic spaces in the country. To this end, Bytes For All in
collaboration with CIVICUS and Innovation for Change is launching an
innovative campaign known as #IYouWe Peace Pledge Campaign.

This campaign endeavors:

1.     To promote peace, dignity and respect for all voices in the 2018
Pakistan elections;

2.     Not to support people or organisations using hate speech or
inciting violence;

3.     To abide by the official electoral Code of Conduct
<https://www.ecp.gov.pk/frmCondeofConduct.aspx>; and

4.     To create a more dignified, equal society in which all people are
heard regardless of religion, sex, caste, creed, color and profession.

IYouWePeacePledge campaign is an online and offline campaign, which
welcomes the proponents of peace to join hands so that we can promote
peace during electioneering and minimize ongoing violence.

Join us on Twitter #IYouWePeacePledge or visit the campaign website
www.i-you-we.net <http://www.i-you-we.net>and send us your peace pledge.

*Haroon Baloch* | Program Manager
Bytes for All, Pakistan | www.bytesforall.pk

Email: haroon at bytesforall.pk | Cell: 0092-321-5196707