[bestbits] [governance] UN Working Group considering mechanisms for global governance of Internet fails

Dave Burstein daveb at dslprime.com
Thu Feb 1 19:27:41 EST 2018

> S​ince Suresh asked ​"it’d be interesting if the Chinese have fit
> internet governance issues into that effort instead of a string of roads,
> ports etc
> ​"​

​Actually, they have Putin, Xi, Modi, Temer, Zuma: Our 3,000,000,000 People
Think the U.S. Shouldn’t Run the Internet (Xiamen Statement) First Look
<http://netpolicynews.com/index.php/component/content/article/89-r/892-brics-in-xiamen-equal-participation-of-the-international-community>
 http://bit.ly/BRICsIG
I don't like the authoritarian nature of the Chinese government, but I
think we're fooling ourselves if we try to run the Internet without them.
​