[bestbits] [governance] IMPORTANT : Merging IGC with Best Bits

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:33:49 EST 2018

Thanks Arsene.

We need to decide on merging IGC and BestBits. The suggestion comes from
the fact that we have not been active much during the past year. Also
fragmented efforts are a strain on resources. Having multiple elections and
multiple groups to coordinate (with really minimal differences) and then
not be active at all for a year is not really recommendable.

De told us that apparently there is some kind of consensus method if I am
not mistaken. De, is there a documented approach?

I think the most important is to discuss why BestBits was created and
whether the reasons still stand and how BestBits members feel about the
merge. Maybe the ones with strong objections can be convinced, maybe not.
Lets have the conversation. If we do not see a strong objection (multiple
organizations, individuals object and give reasons as to why BestBits
should remain even if dormant), then we can decide on the merge. If there
are strong objections, then we will not go with the merge.