[bestbits] Interesting Op-ED: How social media took us from Tahrir Square to Donald Trump

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Aug 16 00:25:02 EDT 2018

Another good article! We seem all to have put our arms up in complete
surrender even as we keep watching in horror the kind of power that
global mega tech corporations wield...

This is an interesting direction to explore...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/15/elizabeth-warren-accountable-capitalism-act-richest-companies

and very interestingly, coming from the US.... The only good thing Trump
could have done to the world might be that he actually forces democrat
to leave the Hillary-ian sugar-coated rightism to the kind of politics
where the democratic party actually belongs, in the Roosevelt-ian
tradition... I know I am perhaps being too optimistic , but ....

parminder