[bestbits] Spain/Catalunya Developments. Scary

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Wed Sep 20 14:26:51 EDT 2017

Im going to go out on a limb here and split my response,

First - this is a terrible terrible action, the right of people to self organise and decide their future should be sacrosanct and these heavy handed tactics should be denounced far and wide. We fight against this kind of action in far flung corners of the world, in Europe we lose a lot of our creditability when we allow things like this to happen on our own doorstep.

Secondly - I don’t think ICANN should have a response, at the end of the day this is a content issue and that is something ICANN has no role in. If the whole of .cat had been taken down yes that would be a different conversation but again, my understanding is that its official LEO and government actions here with the takedowns.

-James