[bestbits] GPD Travel Guide to Encryption Policy for Human Rights Defenders

Richard Wingfield richard at gp-digital.org
Tue Sep 12 10:42:30 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know that today, Global Partners Digital has
published the latest entry in our series of Travel Guides to the Digital
World – Encryption policy for human rights defenders
<http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/travel-guide-to-the-digital-world-4-encryption-policy-for-human-rights-defenders/>
.

Designed specifically for human rights defenders, the guide offers a
comprehensive and accessible introduction to the world of encryption policy
– explaining the technology behind encryption, the key debates, why it
relates to human rights, and where – and how – you can engage.

To accompany the guide, we’ve also created a miniseries of podcasts on
encryption policy featuring Access Now’s Amie Stepanovich and me. You can
listen to those here
<http://www.gp-digital.org/multimedia/encryption-policy-for-human-rights-defenders-podcast-series/>
.

Please do feel free to share the guide with any colleagues, partners or
networks. We also strongly welcome your feedback so if you have any
thoughts or comments, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Yours,

Richard

*Richard Wingfield*
Legal Officer | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | Skype: richard at gp-digital.org
gp-digital.org