[bestbits] MAG 2018 Renewal criteria - inc geographic

imran at igfpak.org imran at igfpak.org
Thu Oct 19 05:33:16 EDT 2017

  Dear Ian Peter, and Dear All,

Thanks for explaining the optimistic approach and opportunities of
forming a balanced constituency with the CS recommendations on the
basis of addressing the weak areas.

After a reviewing the list of the rotating out representatives of the
Civil Society stakeholder group, I think following information would
be helpful for the CS candidates:

   *   One male and 8 female CS Representatives are due to be rotated
out. All of them have served their 3 years terms. One out of them is
from Africa, 3 Three are from Asia Pacific, 3 Three are from Eastern
Europe, none from GRULAC and Two from WEOG.

   *   For Africa, there is only one seat available for CS out of
three open seats making total 10 seats.
   *   For Asia Pacific, there is no seat available for any of the
stakeholder group (including CS) because all 11 seats are already
occupied (after reducing few numbers of seats).
   *   For Eastern Europe, there are three seats available for CS out
of seven open seats, making the total of 9 seats.
   *   For GRULAC, there is no seat available for CS out of three open
seats, making the total of 10 seats.
   *   For WEOG, there are two seats available for CS out of six open
seats, making the total of 10 seats.
region-wise Six seats:

   *   Africa – 1
   *   Eastern Europe – 3
   *   WEOG – 2
Interestingly, it is more encouraging statistics for the women of our
civil societies that this year IGF MAG requires larger ratio of female
representatives making the right balance, in replacement of previous 8
female CS representatives rotating out, out of 9 CS members.

Thanks and Best Regards

Imran Ahmed Shah