[bestbits] On the future of Best Bits and the pre-IGF meeting

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:26:30 EDT 2017

Hi Jeremy

It is good to see the longevity of Bestbits, in its 5 year-old run.
This is a space which has done a lot for civil society and it will
certainly continue to do so.
There are many new groups and activists in civil society looking forward to
learn from the steps taken here and to collaborate.
I would like to help bring together the experienced and the new
participants here.
So my option would be #2 and I'd be glad to work with others interested in
thinking of new ways for Bestbits.
I believe rebuilding the Steering Committee (3 years old) is important but
also to bring in new voices who have ideas for the shape of the platform
and who are interested in participating of internet governance communities.
If we can broaden this search for new members and collaborators among ISOC
Ambassadors, ICANN fellows, Youth IG movements, grassroots internet freedom
initiatives, it would be great.

Best,

Renata