[bestbits] CALL FOR APPLICANTS: PK Open Internet Course - Class of 2017

Melanie Penagos melanie at publicknowledge.org
Wed Jan 4 15:01:58 EST 2017

Dear colleagues,

Happy New Year!

Public Knowledge is happy to announce that the third round of our Open
Internet Course <http://open-internet-p2pcourse.org/> is set to launch
on February
6, 2017. You can check out our description page here
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/open-internet-course>. Last summer, our
course hosted 30 participants, including advocates, students, policymakers,
and journalists from various countries throughout Latin America. The third
round will feature new resources and updated reading materials, as well as
interactive webinars from a new host of digital rights experts.

The application period is now open and we will continue to accept
applications until January 20. *Those of you who are interested are
encouraged to apply as soon as possible! *Please help us spread the word by
sharing the English/Spanish version of the call for applicants, which can
be found here
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/call-for-students-for-online-course>.

You can help us reach the broadest possible audience by tweeting this
<https://twitter.com/publicknowledge/status/816667180808990721> or the
following suggestions:

. at PublicKnowledge <https://twitter.com/publicknowledge>'s Open Internet
Course for #DigitalRights
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/DigitalRights?src=hash> advocates is accepting
applications from now - Jan. 20 http://bit.ly/1A3A5G3

The next @publicknowledge #OpenInternet Course is starting on 2/6. Apply
today! Applications accepted until Jan. 20 http://bit.ly/2ibhibu

La convocatoria para el próximo curso de Internet Libre y Abierto por
@publicknowledge ya empezó, apliquen hoy! http://bit.ly/2ibhibu

El curso Internet Libre y Abierto esta aceptando aplicaciones para la clase
del 2017 hasta 20 de enero, aplique aquí http://bit.ly/2hRxy5b

The final online version of the course is currently only available in
Spanish and requires a commitment of approximately 5-7 hours per
week/module. Participants can take longer if they wish to go more in depth,
since every module has additional suggested readings and assignments.

The course is targeted towards new activists, advocates, young
professionals, policymakers, and others who are interested in gaining an
introduction to cutting edge issues at the intersection of internet policy
and advocacy. Topics to be covered in the course include, among others,
strategic planning, campaigning, internet governance, human rights online,
net neutrality, and spectrum management.

The primary goal of the course is to help train a new generation of
advocates to work on creating and maintaining an open internet for all.
Help us spread the word with our blog post
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/news-blog/blogs/seeking-applicants-for-public-knowledges-open-internet-course>,
press release
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/press-release/public-knowledge-launches-third-edition-of-online-spanish-open-internet-course-for-digital-rights/>,
and podcast
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/news-blog/podcasts/learn-more-about-our-online-open-internet-course>.
The direct link to the course registration form can also be accessed here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKVeJ0C2O-3p3BU_Sw4mYYwgGnBCkBeuE5Lw2X_-cc7m2bQQ/viewform>
.

Please send questions to opencourse at publicknowledge.org. Thank you for your
applications and support!