[bestbits] High Level Session on Day 1 of IGF

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 19:57:56 EST 2017

Dear Jeremy and all

This were points brought up in the Civil Society pre-meeting and we
are at a crossroads when it comes to deep dive debates like these.
While I agree they are needed, I think they happened throughout IGF
and not on the list.
The transcripts and videos are all already available and some other
documentation is interesting, like the Imagining the Internet project.
Also new, the Geneva messages, bringing points from the main sessions.
There is even a discussion about a full virtual IGF.

Whichever path taken in 2018, my guess is that Best Bits and other
communities will continue parallel debates and activities which go far
beyond our usual channels.

I hope we get to plan other activities next year, not only at IGF and
continue to participate in these important debates.

Best new year to all,

Renata