[bestbits] ITU extended OTT consultation period

Raman Jit Singh Chima raman at accessnow.org
Mon Aug 28 15:07:43 EDT 2017

To follow up on Javier's earlier message:

A strong +1 to our colleagues flagging the importance of following this and
engaging with the ITU-CWG's consultation on the topic.

Our policy paper on the subject of the OTT debate and digital rights is now
publicly available. Visit
https://www.accessnow.org/access-now-position-paper-protecting-digital-rights-ott-debate/
for our blogpost summarising our larger policy paper and our ITU
submission. Our policy paper itself can be accessed at
https://www.accessnow.org/ott-digital-rights, and we hope it is useful for
civil society engaging with this issue at the ITU and elsewhere.

I second Richard's suggestion of civil society organisations who plan to
attend the September 19 open meeting at ITU HQ in Geneva coordinating.
Perhaps organisations, civil society experts planning to be there could
indicate if they'll be there, and we can then take that off on to another
thread to coordinate a call.

Sincerely,
Raman.

--
*Raman Jit Singh Chima*
Policy Director

Email: raman at accessnow.org
Skype: raman.chima
PGP ID: 0x2A186000
Fingerprint: 3B88 DBB5 4DBE 02A5 A605 6170 68C8 6DD0 2A18 6000

*Join the Access Now team - *we're hiring
<https://www.accessnow.org/content-type/jobs-and-internships/>!