[bestbits] ITU extended OTT consultation period

Richard Wingfield richard at gp-digital.org
Thu Aug 24 07:06:32 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting thus thread, Gus. Really great to see such excellent
submissions from Public Knowledge/IDEC and Access Now. Thanks for sharing.
It's so important that civil society's voice is heard, especially in such a
closed forum like the ITU. We also think that the debate on OTT is only
going to continue (especially at the ITU where it's popping up in a number
of Study Groups) so awareness-raising, like through this email thread, is
crucial.

GPD has also made a submission to the consultation, which can be found here
<http://www.itu.int/en/Lists/consultationJune2017/Attachments/28//ITU%20CWG-Internet%20Consultation%20on%20OTT.pdf>.
I'll actually be in Geneva for the physical open meeting on 19 September on
behalf of GPD. If anyone else is attending, perhaps we could co-ordinate by
a conference call or meeting the evening before?

Thanks,

Richard

*Richard Wingfield*
Legal Officer | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | Skype: richard at gp-digital.org
gp-digital.org