[bestbits] EDRi is looking for a fundraiser to strengthen our network!
maryant.fernandez-perez at edri.org
Thu Sep 1 06:39:05 EDT 2016
We're currently looking for a professional fundraiser who will be able
to support the team and help us strengthen EDRi. It would be great if
you could distribute this job ad in your networks and apply if you're
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is a not-for-profit association of 31
digital rights organisations from across Europe. EDRi is the only
European NGO specialising in the protection of digital rights. Our
objectives are to promote, protect and uphold civil rights in the field
of information and communication technology, such the rights to privacy,
freedom of expression, communication, and access to information.
You will be responsible for a wide range of fundraising activities, to
create and maintain a reliable, efficient and ethical funding base to
meet the needs of European Digital Rights’ work as a fast-growing and
You will raise funds from foundations, companies, individuals and NGOs
in close liaison with the Management and staff responsible for
communications. You will lead on the development of funding streams for
both restricted and unrestricted funds carrying out prospect research
and harnessing opportunities for new income.
As a strong communicator, you will demonstrate excellent interpersonal
and negotiation skills, proven leadership skills. You will be
enthusiastic and creative in your approach as you use your expertise to
engage, motivate and inspire our supporters and develop lasting
relationships with a range of partners.
* Develop the targeting and solicitation of new foundation and
corporate donation prospects, researching and identifying
opportunities, developing the approach plan, briefings to move
* Develop and implement the current fundraising strategy, together
with the Managing Director.
* Develop and implement individual giving, project funding e.g. via
* Development of individual contacts to identify potential major
donors and a roster of potential ambassadors for the organisation.
* Compile and maintain the database of existing and potential donors.
* Contribute to the conceptualisation and messaging of grant
proposals, together with the Communications Manager.
* Development of a project portfolio for EDRi’s work.
* Coordinate, facilitate and sometimes lead periodic meetings with donors.
* Review draft activity reports.
* Represent the organisation at events and meetings to establish
contacts with potential donors.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
* At least 3 years’ experience in fundraising.
* A relevant degree or certificate in fundraising.
* Demonstrable personal experience of generating income from a
range of sources.
* Experience working for an international organisation.
* Penchant for exploring new ways and avenues to increase
supporter base and fundraising income.
* Ability to reach fundraising targets and motivate others to
* Excellent communication skills to inspire, enthuse and motivate
current and potential donors.
* Experience in fundraising techniques, especially analysis of
fundraising and marketing data.
* Strong management skills.
* Ability to be innovative and creative.
* Outstanding networking skills and highly developed interpersonal
* Fluent English, other languages are a plus.
Location: Flexible, preferably Brussels-based or within an easy distance
What we offer: The role offers a challenging and diverse full-time role
in a fast-growing NGO, with a competitive salary and flexible work
hours. We offer the exciting opportunity to help defend the civil rights
of people across Europe and beyond. The team in Brussels is a blend of
languages, cultures and professional backgrounds that makes it an
attractive place to work. A remuneration package will be offered and
discussed at interview stage.
Applications should be by email in the format of CV with a covering
letter to: Michela Petruzzo, Senior Office Manager, via email:
Closing date for applications is Friday 23 September 2016.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bestbits