[bestbits] Pre-IGF meeting on 4 December: an update

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Nov 16 18:12:47 EST 2016

Here is a short update about this year's civil society meeting ahead of
the IGF in Guadalajara.  The Best Bits website has the details, but
you'll need to click the "Latest agenda" tab to see them:

http://bestbits.net/events/joint-cs-2016/

Registrations have closed and we are unable to accept new registrations
now.  Three participants were able to be offered travel support, and we
apologize if you weren't one of them.

Remote participation will be available, but only to those who let us
know ahead of time that they intend to use it, and only to those who
identify as being from civil society.

We are in need of volunteers to assist with some of the sessions.  Here
are some of the sessions that I know about that could use volunteers:

* Priorities and tactics for civil society at IGF 2016 (someone to lead
this session)

* Shadow regulation and multi-stakeholder process criteria (a co-leader
or discussant)

* Trade and the Internet (for those wishing to be discussants)

* Open time for questions, discussion, and policy slam (for those who
have a project, idea, or proposal to present)

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220