[bestbits] Today - Launch of State of Surveillance

Alexandrine Pirlot de Corbion alex at privacyinternational.org
Wed Mar 2 14:18:04 EST 2016

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Hey everyone,

We are very happy to announce the launch of “State of Surveillance” briefings developed by the Privacy International Network.

Today we launched briefings on the first 13 countries: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, Tunisia and Uganda.

These are now accessible from the Privacy International website <https://www.privacyinternational.org/reports/state-of-surveillance> and are complemented with the a presentation of our research methodology and a blog <https://www.privacyinternational.org/node/773> announcing the launch.

These are the result of an on-going collaborative research process with some of our partners to present a baseline study of privacy and surveillance issues from across the world. This resource would not have been possible without the incredible work and commitment of our partners.

As you will see they have been designed as living documents which will be subject to reviews and edits, and overtime we publishing briefings on other countries too. We are committed to ensuring the on-going development of these, and the ones to come, remain a collaborative process and so readers and users will pay an important role in enabling us to provide information that is correct, relevant and useful. So we encourage people to send us feedback.

In the next few days we will be disseminating it with guest blogs from the different contributors from the Privacy International Network, as well as through social media (@privacyint), and looking further ahead we will be creating and seizing opportunities to share them widely. In the meantime, feel free to share them widely with your networks and start using them.

Thank you.

Best,

Alex

Ms. Alexandrine Pirlot de Corbion

Advocacy Officer
Privacy International
62 Britton Street
London, EC1M 5UY
United Kingdom

E: alex at privacyinternational.org <mailto:alex at privacyinternational.org>
W: www.privacyinternational.org <http://www.privacyinternational.org/>
T: +44 (0) 203 422 4321
Skype: alexpdec.pi
PGP: 14AE6DB8

Privacy International is a registered charity (No. 1147471).