[bestbits] CIS' Statement on Sexual Harassment at ICANN55

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:18:09 EDT 2016

Dear All,
FYI

On its Weekly Digest, an ICANN blog, by Akram Atallah,
dated March 25, about
*Conduct at ICANN Meetings*

http:// <http://icann.org/news/blog/conduct-at-icann-meetings>icann.org
<http://icann.org/news/blog/conduct-at-icann-meetings>
/news/blog/conduct-at-icann-meetings
<http://icann.org/news/blog/conduct-at-icann-meetings>

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 16:13, Bishakha Datta <bishakha at pointofview.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As one of the two coordinators of the Gender Dynamic Coalition, I want to
thank you for including us in this critical conversation.

> We had proposed drafting a sexual harassment policy for the IGF at the
Gender Dynamic Coalition meeting at IGF 2015, a proposal that was strongly
endorsed at that meeting. We had also formed a small volunteer committee
for this purpose.

> We will now move quickly on this, using many of the excellent points and
resources that have been mentioned on this thread.

> Please let us know if any of you would like to join this committee.
>
> Many thanks
> Bishakha

Hi All,

I have been following the thread and commend Ms Baruah for making her
experience public and the movement for a sexual harassment policy. I would
also like to urge some form of education or communication for new
participants who come into IG spaces such as ICANN and IGF. A lack of
awareness of what can do when one experiences sexual harassment means some
incidences go unreported.

I would also like to volunteer join the small committee set up for this
purpose.

Thanks,

Chenai

Chenai Chair