[bestbits] Rock Against the TPP

Evan Greer evangreer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:47:44 EDT 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm turning in my "one somewhat off-topic but important crosspost email per
year" chip to reach out to you all about a major campaign Fight for the
Future is organizing with Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello,
actress Evangeline Lilly, hip-hop act Talib Kweli, and a bunch of great
high profile performers, musicians, and celebs.

*Here's the link: https://www.RockAgainstTheTPP.org
<https://www.RockAgainstTheTPP.org>*

This may be the biggest thing we've ever done. It's a nationwide series of
large-scale events to mobilize opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership
(TPP), which, as I'm sure you all know, has profound implications for the
future of Internet freedom, whistleblower protections, freedom of
expression, privacy, and so many other important issues.

*We're inviting all groups who support an open democracy and a free
Internet to join us in this effort.* We're looking for more groups to come
on as sponsors / partners for the tour, and also for groups to simply
endorse and add their name to the effort. Most importantly, we're looking
for groups to send emails and outreach to their members in the cities that
we're visiting, encouraging them to attend these FREE, exciting, and high
impact events.

Here's the schedule:
*July 23: Denver, CO *with Tom Morello, Anti-Flag, Flobots, Evangeline Lilly
*July 30: San Diego, CA* with Jolie Holland, Las Cafeteras, Evangeline Lilly
*August 19: Seattle, WA *with Talib Kweli, Downtown Boys, Evangeline Lilly
*August 20: Portland, OR* with headliner TBA, Downtown Boys, Evangeline
Lilly
*September 24: Boston, MA* details TBA

Please reach out to me if your organization is interested in getting
involved in any way. We have a very real chance of stopping the TPP, and
these events are a critical part of the strategy to help us quickly reach
large groups of new people who we haven't been able to activate through
traditional online activism.

--
*Evan Greer*
Campaign Director