[bestbits] PK Open Internet Course - Call for Applications

Melanie Penagos melanie at publicknowledge.org
Fri Jun 3 17:01:30 EDT 2016

Dear All,

Public Knowledge is happy to announce that the second round of our Open
Internet Course <http://open-internet-p2pcourse.org/> is set to launch on June
27, 2016. You can check out our description page here
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/open-internet-course>. Last summer, our
course hosted 30 participants, including advocates, judges, and journalists
from various countries throughout Latin America. The second round will
include new resources and updated training materials, including a new
module on spectrum management, featuring original videos with spectrum
experts, as well as an updated cybersecurity module with the latest on U.S.
cybersecurity policies and practices.

The call for applications is now open and we will continue to accept
applications for participants until June 10. *Those of you who are
interested are encouraged to apply as soon as possible! *Please help us
spread the word by sharing the English/Spanish version of the call for
applicants, which can be found here
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/call-for-students-for-online-course>.

You can also help us reach the broadest possible audience by tweeting this
<https://twitter.com/publicknowledge/status/735937736243306496> or the
following suggestions:

. at PublicKnowledge <https://twitter.com/publicknowledge>'s Open Internet
Course for #DigitalRights
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/DigitalRights?src=hash> Advocates is accepting
applications from now - June 10 http://bit.ly/1QVY4Dz

The next @publicknowledge #OpenInternet Course is starting on 6/27. Apply
today! Applications accepted until June 10 http://bit.ly/1XUFcIL

La convocatoria para el próximo curso de Internet Libre y Abierto por
@publicknowledge ya empezó, apliquen hoy! http://bit.ly/1XUFcIL

El curso Internet Libre y Abierto esta aceptando aplicaciones para la clase
del 2016 hasta 10 de junio. Aplique aquí http://bit.ly/1TXcYHv

The final online version of the course is currently only available in
Spanish and requires approximately 5-7 hours per week/module. Participants
can take longer if they wish to go deeper, since every module has
additional suggested readings and assignments.

The course is targeted towards new activists, advocates, young
professionals, young policy makers, and others who are interested in
learning the basics of topics related to the intersection of advocacy and
internet-related issues. Topics to be covered in the course include, among
others, strategic planning, campaigning, internet governance, human rights
online, and net neutrality.

The primary goal of the course is to help train a new generation of
advocates to work on creating and maintaining an Open Internet for all.
Help us spread the word with our blog post
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/news-blog/blogs/public-knowledge-calls-for-new-applicants-for-our-open-internet-course>
and press release
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/press-release/public-knowledge-launches-second-class-of-online-spanish-open-internet-course-for-digital-advocates>.
The direct link to the course registration form can be accessed here
<https://docs.google.com/a/publicknowledge.org/forms/d/1MOmjclYcugpSPUb-u5UTW85kOf7LC9LMLItA0WXG75o/viewform>
.

Please send questions to opencourse at publicknowledge.org.

Thank you for your applications and support!

Kind regards,

Carolina and Melanie

--
*Melanie Penagos*