[bestbits] Thanks! (and short observations on the IGF Retreat)

Amelia Andersdotter amelia.andersdotter at dataskydd.net
Thu Jul 28 17:48:55 EDT 2016

Dear Stuart,

After some time on the MAG, and with participating in the IGF and other
places of conferences and shared experiences, the MAG functions the way
it does because there are so many different interests and voices that
are looking to be heard.

At a limited interest organisation, like IFLA, it is possible to
subdivide tasks in a way that doesn't cause anyone to feel left out. At
the IGF this would inevitably cause someone to feel misrepresented or
shut out.

best regards,

Amelia