[bestbits] [governance] (CSCG): Call for nominations for civil society representatives to the IGF MAG

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Wed Dec 7 15:31:50 EST 2016

Hi all,

Thanks Poncelet for sharing - as the deadline is so short (09 December) I
you don't mind me following up to encourage you to nominate candidates for
MAG CS positions. Please send your nominations to the Chair of the Nomcom:
rhill at hill-a.ch

Thanks!

Call for Candidates - deadline 9 December

As part of the process of the annual renewal of IGF MAG, we are seeking
candidates from civil society.  Candidatures will be evaluated by a CSCG
NomCom specifically created for this purpose.  The non-voting chair of the
NomCom will submit the selected nominations to the IGF using the official
IGF nomination form available on the web.  One civil society representative
to MAG is leaving due to term limit, but there is no fixed number of civil
society representatives, so there might be zero, or more than one, new civil
society representatives in the next MAG.

The timeline for the process is:

3 December: each coalition will issue its own call for candidates,
specifying that nominations should be sent to rhill at hill-a.ch  . CSCG
members will circulate the call as widely as possible, to encourage
participation from all sectors of civil society. Deadline for nominations is
9 December.

10-12 December: establish short-list

12-15 December: select candidates

16 December: submit candidates to IGF Secretariat

On 6 December 2016 at 14:22, Poncelet Ileleji <pileleji at ymca.gm> wrote:

> FYI Colleagues,
>
> Please sorry for sending late been traveling.
>

> Call for Candidates - deadline 9 December
>
> As part of the process of the annual renewal of IGF MAG, we are seeking
> candidates from civil society.  Candidatures will be evaluated by a CSCG
> NomCom specifically created for this purpose.  The non-voting chair of the
> NomCom will submit the selected nominations to the IGF using the official
> IGF nomination form available on the web.  One civil society representative
> to MAG is leaving due to term limit, but there is no fixed number of civil
> society representatives, so there might be zero, or more than one, new
> civil
> society representatives in the next MAG.
>

> The timeline for the process is:
>
> 3 December: each coalition will issue its own call for candidates,
> specifying that nominations should be sent to rhill at hill-a.ch  . CSCG
> members will circulate the call as widely as possible, to encourage
> participation from all sectors of civil society. Deadline for nominations
> is
> 9 December.
>
> 10-12 December: establish short-list
>
> 12-15 December: select candidates
>
> 16 December: submit candidates to IGF Secretariat
>
> --
> Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
> Coordinator
> The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
> MDI Road Kanifing South
> P. O. Box 421 Banjul
> The Gambia, West Africa
> Tel: (220) 4370240 <(220)%20437-0240>
> Fax:(220) 4390793 <(220)%20439-0793>
> Cell:(220) 9912508 <(220)%20991-2508>
> Skype: pons_utd
>

> *www.ymca.gm <http://www.ymca.gm>http://jokkolabs.net/en/
> <http://jokkolabs.net/en/>www.waigf.org
> <http://www.waigf.org>www,insistglobal.com <http://www.itag.gm>www.npoc.org
> <http://www.npoc.org>http://www.wsa-mobile.org/node/753
> <http://www.wsa-mobile.org/node/753>*www.diplointernetgovernance.org

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |