[bestbits] IGF- Lightening Session

hj101 at columbia.edu hj101 at columbia.edu
Tue Dec 6 10:51:31 EST 2016

Dear All,

We are very excited to announce that we will be presenting a “lightening
session” at the IGF TODAY, Tuesday December 6th at 1:00!

Please join Columbia Global Freedom of Expression for a demo of our
international case law database. Information on the lightening session is
available here.

The Global Freedom of Expression Case Law Database hosts nearly 800 case
analyses of seminal court cases pertaining to freedom of expression from 110
countries. They include recent judicial decisions as well as those that are
precedent-setting. The database is ever-growing with 20 to 30 new analyses
added every month.

The platform also offers blogs, publications and reviews of legal developments
on freedom of expression and information around the world. It is designed to
be a key resource for a broad audience of stakeholders working on freedom of
expression, including lawyers, judges, activists, academics and students.

If you cannot make it to the session, please visit our booth in the IGF
village!
Hope to see you soon,
Hawley and Amalie

About Columbia Global Freedom of Expression
The Freedom of Expression Case Law Database is a project of Columbia Global
Freedom of Expression, an initiative launched in 2014 by Columbia University
President Lee C. Bollinger.  Columbia Global Freedom of Expression seeks to
advance understanding of the international and national norms and institutions
that best protect the free flow of information in an inter-connected global
community with major common challenges to address. It is directed by Dr. Agnès
Callamard, a distinguished human rights and freedom of expression expert. In
addition to the case law database, Columbia Global Freedom of Expression
undertakes and commissions research and policy projects; organizes events and
conferences; and participates in and contributes to global debates on the
protection of freedom of expression and information.