[bestbits] Advocacy Strategies - Lighting Session (Coalizão Direitos na Rede + ADC)

Kimberly Anastacio kimberly at ibidem.org.br
Mon Dec 5 11:08:17 EST 2016

Dear all,

As mentioned yesterday at the Best Bits Pre-IGF Meeting, we would like to
invite you to the 20-Minute Lightning Session "Can digital rights conquer
the political mainstream? Civil Society’s tools to monitor the Parliament
<http://sched.co/90xt>” to be held this Thursday from 14h40 to 15h at the
Internet Governance Forum.

The session was designed to provoke a conversation between civil society's
organizations on what strategies we are using to push our National
Congresses in the promotion of human rights and how we are monitoring and
affecting what is being discussed in our local House of Representatives.

We will also present the "Coalizão Direitos na Rede
<https://direitosnarede.org.br/>", a Brazilian Coalition recently created
to strengthen NGO's presence in the country's legislative agenda, and
discuss what the Asociación por los Derechos Civiles
<http://www.adc.org.ar/> is doing in Argentina in regard of legislative
process monitoring.

Come share with us what's being done in your country and learn a bit more
about Brazilian and Argentinian advocacy strategies!

best,
Kimberly Anastácio
@kimanastacio
*Instituto Beta: Internet & Democracia - **IBIDEM
<http://ibidem.org.br/about/>*
Twitter <http://twitter.com/institutobeta> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Ongbeta>

--
Visite o nosso site ibidem.org.br para mais informações.