[bestbits] GPD @IGF 2016

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Fri Dec 2 05:37:28 EST 2016

Dear all,

On behalf of GPD, we'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to the
following sessions at the upcoming IGF in Mexico:

   - Human Rights Advocacy: Strategies for the digital age
   <https://igf2016.sched.org/event/8hta/ws158-human-rights-advocacy-strategies-for-the-digital-age>
   - WS158 Wednesday, December 7 • 16:30 - 18:00
      - The workshop aims to strengthen strategic advocacy for human rights
      online - participants will be introduced to a strategic advocacy
tool which
      will help inform discussions and interactive exercises on how to best
      conduct strategic advocacy for human rights in the digital age
      - On cybersecurity, who has got our back?
   <https://igf2016.sched.org/event/8huq/ws196-on-cybersecurity-who-has-got-our-back-a-debate>
   - WS196, Friday December 9 • 10:45 - 11:45
      - Confirmed speakers: Brian Bergstein (MIT Technology Review), Asad
      Baig (Media Matters for Democracy), Tatiana Tropina (Max Planck
      Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law.), Dominique
      Lazanski (GSMA)
      - The debate will follow the Oxford style debate format, with ample
      time for audience participation

(We'll also be at the Open Forum of the Freedom Online Coalition
<https://igf2016.sched.org/event/8hti/of27-freedom-online-coalition> and
the *B*
<https://igf2016.sched.org/event/8hsL/bpf-on-cybersecurity-creating-spaces-for-multistakeholder-dialogue-in-cybersecurity-processes>est
Practices Forum on Cybersecurity).

Thanks, we look forward to seeing everyone attending the IGF this year!

Best
--

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL