[bestbits] US Control over ICANN

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:23:04 EDT 2016

To put the case in point, do look at the chart made by Avri a while back
that graphically highlights the process of separability. The board of ICANN
can reject separability even before the discussion of changing PTI as the
IANA contractor can be initiated. Ironically, PTI is a wholly owned
subsidiary of ICANN, and it also receives the IANA Contract from ICANN, so
the concept of separability may in many situations violate the ICANN boards
fiduciary responsibility. How much weaker could separability have been
envisaged? In practice, PTI is the new home of IANA forever!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kmDLv0yF41lb9OBlCKnl6o3TMps6AlTF8Njso5zcW9w/edit#slide=id.p