[bestbits] Update on remote participation Asian Regional Consultation on the WSIS+10 Review

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Wed Sep 2 10:16:31 EDT 2015

Dear all,

As I had mentioned earlier, we would like to ensure that remote
participants of the Asian Regional Consultation on the WSIS+10 Review are
really able to substantively contribute to the outcome of the meeting.
Below is an update on the process that we hope will facilitate this. The
remote moderator will be happy to provide additional details when you join
the session:

1. You can follow any of the sessions via Webex. When you join the
teleconference in Webex, you will find a moderator who will also be in the
meeting room in Pattaya. The moderator will be able to guide you through
the process and also help you to convey your views to the other
participants. Please be in constant contact with the moderator during the
sessions.

2. You are also more than welcome to take part in the development of the
outcome document. The remote moderator will create a chatroom and a
mailing list with those remote participants that want to take part in this
process. Please flag your availability to the moderator as soon as you
join a session.

3. Discussions about the outcome document will take part in the Strategic
sessions at the end of each day, Thursday 3 and Friday 4 of September at
16:00 (UTC+7)/9:00am UTC. During these sessions, remote participants will
have a dedicated teleconference on Webex to share their views and
collectively provide inputs which will be channeled via the moderator into
the rest of the meeting.

4. Please also make sure you participate in the Strategic Session on
Saturday 5 September at 9:15am (UTC+7)/02:00am UTC. This session will
review and approve the final document.

Hope this is useful.

Best regards,
Anja