[bestbits] Next stage of PI campaign "Did GCHQ Illegally Spy On You?"

Alexandrine Pirlot de Corbion alex at privacyinternational.org
Mon Sep 14 09:32:25 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

As you may remember, in February 2015 Privacy International launched a campaign called "Did GCHQ Illegally Spy On You? <https://www.privacyinternational.org/illegalspying>". Today, we have launched the next stageĀ of this campaign <https://www.privacyinternational.org/node/651> which consists of submitting individual claims directly to the Investigatory Powers Tribunal (IPT), the British court solely responsible for overseeing intelligence agencies, to see if their communications were part of those unlawfully shared.

Privacy International has published a platform that simplifies this filing process with the Tribunal. Organisations and individuals, anywhere in the world, who wish to take part in this process can sign up here <https://www.privacyinternational.org/illegalspying> or read the FAQ <https://privacyinternational.org/?q=node/495> for further information.

As part of this next phase, Human Rights Watch as well as three other individuals working in security research, investigative journalism, and in law, will also be lodging complaints.

We invite you to share this widely amongst your networks and with individuals/organisations you think would be interested in joining our campaign. You can also help us by Tweeting (#DidGCHQSpyOnYou and @privacyint) and/or following the campaign on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/PrivacyInternational>.

Thank you very much for the help and support, and if you have any questions or comments, please get in touch with us!

Best,

Alexandrine

Ms. Alexandrine Pirlot de Corbion

Advocacy Officer
Privacy International
62 Britton Street
London, EC1M 5UY
United Kingdom

E: alex at privacyinternational.org <mailto:alex at privacyinternational.org>
W: www.privacyinternational.org <http://www.privacyinternational.org/>
T: +44 (0) 203 422 4321
Skype: alexpdec.pi
PGP: 61C308AF

Privacy International is a registered charity (No. 1147471).