[bestbits] [governance] Pattaya Key Messages on the WSIS+10 Review: Voices from the Asia-Pacific Region

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Sep 10 04:22:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

> Yes, I was also thinking that how it would be difficult for either making
> real-time discussion [in which one have to be remain an active listener to
> others speaker and respond to what other have spoke] and documenting the
> notes at same time. I thing everyone was noting the abstract of his/er own
> discussion once have spoken. Notes taking would also have been interactive
> and could be further collaborative if the group members also take part as a
> reviewer and editor as third person, so if person A has missed some
> sentences, person C or D could complete or correct it.

​Yes, sometimes one first takes the floor and make comments, other one
takes short notes, as much as s/he could, then after finishing the
comments, she or he gets back to the note just taken and corrects and adds
what was said, or intended to say.

This makes more guarantee for accuracy, instead of reading the real-time
scripts on the screen taken by some stenographers, finding some errors but
have no means to correct, at least on the fly.

​

> By the way how the final message (Final-Pattaya-Key-Messages-2015.pdf) was
> developed? is it developed in the same way live contribution and
> interaction or only few people finalized the summary document?

​It is also documented in the later half of our Collective Notes, but it is
not easy to follow with the current (lack of) editorial works. We should
perhaps have Outline or Executive Summary and Table of Contents linked to
corresponding sections.

We were broken into 6 working groups with each subject, and one rep from
each group was selected to form an drafting group for the final message​,
they worked late into night, presented the draft next morning, round of
sessions on each para and sentences, drafting group met again, finalized
the text, one more round of discussion, online approval.
That was the rough process.

izumi

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Imran